This series of monthly conference calls is scheduled over the lunch hour from 12:00-1:00 on the third Friday of the month, beginning on April 20 and ending November 16. (Calls may be shorter if the group is small.)
Due to demand, we are forming a second call group meeting from 12:00-1:00 on the fourth Monday of the month, beginning April 23.
This is definitely different from what you may have experienced in other book study formats. Author Sharon Bowman has designed this book to be flexible to meet the learning needs of a variety of readers, and Melanie Hoffner, Certified Brain-Based Trainer, has designed this SIG/Book Study to reflect this as much as possible, too.
On page 27, Sharon notes the following 10 benefits you’ll get from working through this book:
After working through this book, I will be able to:
- Apply six learning principles that are based on current brain science about how humans learn best.
- Explain to training colleagues, co-workers, family, and friends why the learning principles are important to know for anyone who makes a living instructing others.
- Involve learners in quick, easy, fun, and memorable ways so that they remain actively engaged throughout the entire learning experience.
- Increase learners’ physical energy and enthusiasm, even during the delivery of complex, dry, or technical content.
- Add to my own physical energy and enthusiasm when I teach.
- Adapt many of the classroom strategies to online, self-study, or computer-based programs.
- Receive learner evaluations that indicate high satisfaction with what they’ve learned and how they’ve learned it.
- Feel my own satisfaction for a job well done.
- Access supporting resources to enhance my own learning and to improve my teaching.
- Teach others what I’ve learned so that they, too, can make the transition from traditional to brain-based instruction.
To enhance your learning experience and these benefits, join us in a monthly guided discussion of what you are reading and doing to apply your learning. This series of monthly conference calls scheduled over the lunch hour from 12:00-1:00 on the third Friday of the month, beginning on April 20 and ending November 16. (Calls may be shorter if the group is small.) Due to demand, we are forming a second call group meeting from 12:00-1:00 on the fourth Monday of the month, beginning April 23. If you are registering AFTER April 20, plan to attend the Monday calls.
Should you need to miss a call, they will be recorded and accessible. To participate, you will need a personal copy of the book, to cover the cost of eight 45-60-minute long-distance calls, and a commitment to read about, apply, and share your experiences with the concepts in the book.
During the first monthly conference call, we will get connected, share our personal goals for this experience, clarify expectations, and discuss pages 1-30: The Six Trumps®, Read This First!, and Part One: About This Book. Over the next six monthly calls, we will explore each of The Six Trumps® individually, focusing on your insights, questions, and application experiences. In call eight on November 16, we will wrap-up with sharing individual goal successes and next steps. (At some point during this experience, you will have a chance to ask author Sharon Bowman your questions as I interview her for my SPARK radio show, date TBD)
Please contact Melanie at BrainBonanza@gmail.com or 319-270-8378 if you have any questions about this awesome professional development opportunity.